Last fall, I signed up as a student on QuadJobs and used the site very actively until my graduation last spring from Fairfield U. On behalf of the thousands of students using QuadJobs to make extra income and build our resumes, thank you for being a QuadJobs employer. Your jobs really matter to us. Hopefully, QuadJobs has been making your life easier too.
When you post on QuadJobs, you’ll hear back quickly from qualified applicants who are interested in your job. Depending on the nature of the work, you may choose to interview or talk to these candidates over the phone. When you make a decision on which student you’re going to hire, it’s easy to just tell the student… and forget to hit the “award” button on your open job.
We totally get it… life is busy. But if you can remember to hit “award,” it’s hugely important to our community for several reasons:
- The student you’ve hired will get an email with all the details they need to know about the gig.
- The student will “get credit” for the job on their track record. Just as you’d prefer to hire a student who has worked plenty of jobs on the site, so do other employers. A student’s track record helps them get future jobs, including the one they’ll find after they graduate.
- After the job is completed, you’ll be able to quickly review the student’s performance. (If you thought they did a great job, giving a student a 4.0 places them on your Favorites list—and makes rehiring them a snap.)
- It tells students who applied but didn’t get the job that the position has been filled. It allows them to look for other opportunities.
- Then there’s the big picture: You’re helping QuadJobs create 10,000 jobs by the end of the year! You’ll make your job count by hitting award.
Thanks again for being part of the QJ community and for offering students a chance to work while they’re in school. Let’s get to 10,000 jobs together!
Ashley Scaglione is a marketing coordinator for QuadJobs. She previously interned for the startup, prior to graduating from Fairfield University in 2015.