From the beginning, we’ve relied on QuadJobs—on local student labor—to get our business off the ground. From our own experience, we know it works and that the students using our site are hardworking, reliable and grateful for opportunities. Here are a few of the many ways we’ve employed QuadJobbers with excellent results:
- I’ll never forget the first day we sent our newly minted “Q-Force” – the student sales team we hired through the site – to talk to potential employers in the community. Frankly it’s rare when something works so decisively well right off the bat, and there was some high-fiving at the office as we reviewed all the fresh leads the students generated in a short period of time. Since then, our Q-force has had a vital role in our growth and communication to potential employers. It was easy to narrow down the right students for the job using the site.
- While many stereotypes about millennials seem unfair, it’s completely true that most are fluent in social media. We’ve used QuadJobbers to manage Facebook pages and help us connect across various platforms. It’s second nature to them.
- We’ve hired QuadJobbers to pass out fliers, work events, and generate email campaigns. In July, we had a team of friendly students pass out popsicles and water bottles at a sidewalk sale… it was a nice way to engage with the community (and help people cool off).
- If your business could benefit from reaching students on campus, I strongly recommend using QuadJobs to find enthusiastic campus reps. We’ve successfully recruited thousands of students using reps hired through QuadJobs. Hiring students who are active in Greek Life or Athletics can be a great place to start, as they’re connected to larger networks.
- Starting a new business involves a lot of paperwork… and I know I couldn’t have managed without the tireless and always professional help of local accounting students whom I found through the site. These guys did a beautiful job keeping us organized and on track in our bookkeeping.
- Facing a tight deadline on a flyer we needed to mail, we posted for and quickly hired a local student photographer to capture the images we needed. In days, we had the images we needed—and the talented student we hired certainly didn’t charge us what a professional photographer would have. She was grateful for the opportunity to put her skills to use.
- We love our interns! In fact, we loved our first intern, Ashley Scaglione, so much that we convinced her to work for us full-time when she graduated last spring. Huge “get” for our team. Now we’ve got a new crop of superstars hard at work.
I love talking to employers about what our students can do for their businesses. I’m passionate about the talents and abilities of QuadJobbers, not to mention the work ethic and professionalism they display every single day.
Betsy O’Reilly is the CEO and a co-founder of QuadJobs. Prior to launching QuadJobs, she was a Managing Director at Deutsche Bank, where she led the global sales team.